Through direct provision and in support of voluntary organisations, the Board aims to ensure that the opportunities are available for the personal and social development of young people within its area. Emphasis is placed upon supporting adolescents in their developmental transition from childhood to adulthood.
Objectives of Youth Service
- To ensure that all young people, regardless of gender, belief or race are provided with equal opportunities to avail of youth services.
- To promote the fullest participation by young people in the management, planning and operation of youth service programmes.
- To develop, among young people, greater understanding of a society with diverse traditions.
- To promote and encourage youth service initiatives and programmes centred on the identified needs of young people.
- To implement specific projects aimed at assisting the development and growth of young people suffering from particular disadvantage or at risk.
- To encourage and support within a Social Education context, Counseling, Group Work and Community Youth Work skills among youth workers.
- To assess and determine with professional staff appropriate training/development opportunities.
- To research and consult widely on the needs of young people and make appropriate provision.
Opportunities are available for young people to take part in a large range of projects.
We will be recruiting for many international projects over the next few months.
Please keep visiting the website for further information as these opportunities will be posted when available. You can also express an interest in future opportunities by contacting me by email using this link